One of the best things about Kurrimine Beach is that it is a small, safe town. Many people here still don’t lock their doors! Why does that make us so great for a family getaway – here kids can still be, well, kids! Another great thing is that we don’t have a heap of shops and fast food outlets, so what does than mean, well you can relax without the constant “I wants”. The most your kids can ask you for here is a swim in the pool or an ice cream!
Here are our suggestions to keep your kids busy at Kurrimine:
- Beachcombing is a favourite pastime, just make sure you carry a bag or bucket for all of their treasures! On low tides there are rock pools to explore and on the beach there is plenty of coral, shells and driftwood for them to collect.
- Water Park & Pool with Giant Inflatables – can be found a 5 minute walk from King Reef Resort. The cost of entry is $5 per person for a morning or afternoon session – a great way to wear the little ones out!
- Family Hire Bikes – explore the town on one of the Surrey Bikes, quite a sight to be seen riding around town. Bikes cost $10 per hour and carry up to 5 people.
- Take a refreshing dip in our tropical shaded pool. We install a volleyball net during school holidays which adds up to hours of fun for the kids.
- We have a large grassy area in front of the resort so make sure you pack a cricket set, kites or whatever else your kids enjoy.
- Teach your kids to fish, there is nothing quite like seeing them reel in their first fish!